Vet Care Assistance
Please read this information carefully before you apply for assistance.
Eligibility for Vet Care Assistance:
- Live in Massachusetts (priority is given to pet families in Western MA)
- Receive some form of needs-based state or federal assistance such as (but not limited to)
o Veterans’ benefits
o Fuel Assistance
- We do not cover 100% of vet bills. You must be willing and able to cover a portion of the bill. Check out Fundraising and other options in our Resources section.
- Provide copies of any vet care estimates received.
- Provide pictures of you with your dog.
- Agree to Kane’s Krusade using any or all your story and pictures to be utilized in our fundraising/marketing/public relations materials and on social media. (We respect your confidentiality and will never use full names or addresses.)
- Understand we pay veterinarians directly and never individuals.
- Only the specific services, medications and diagnostics previously agreed on will be covered. Additional costs are the pet family’s responsibility.
Please note: We do not handle emergency situations.
Our Vet Fund Covers:
- Office visits
- Medically necessary bloodwork, x-rays and other diagnostics
- Vaccinations (Rabies and Distemper/Parvo)
- Microchipping through one of our low-cost clinic providers
- Euthanasia (not including in- home services or cremation)
- Medically necessary dental surgery through one of our low-cost clinic providers only
- Spay/Neuter through one of our low-cost clinic providers only
- Small mass removal through one of our low-cost clinic providers only
- Food/Environmental allergy medications and treatment
Our Vet Fund Does Not Cover:
- Emergency vet care visits
- Heartworm tests (unless medically necessary to diagnose)
- Heartworm preventative
- Flea/tick treatment
- Orthopedic surgeries (torn ACL’s, broken bones etc)
- Cancer treatment, diabetes, cardiac issues
- MRI’s, CT Scans
- Routine dental cleanings
- Vaccinations other than Rabies and Distemper/Parvo
If you meet the eligibility guidelines above AND live within our service area, fill out an application for help here.